Senior / Super Senior Selection Criteria
NWGU Selection Criteria
Senior & Super Senior Inter Provincial Team
1. For the selection of teams, the under mentioned is a guideline for the selection of teams.
2. In all instances, the selected player must be an ambassador for golf and the Union. Conduct will be a major consideration when selecting teams.
SENIOR AND SUPER SENIOR TEAMS
This division is open to all players in the province above the age of 50 (Seniors) and above the age of 60 (Super Seniors). A stroke average will be compiled and will be utilized as a guideline to select the teams to represent the NWGU at the Inter Provincial Tournaments:
A. Stroke averages will be compiled utilizing the best 10 scores played during the last twelve months. The following tournaments will count in the stroke average:
- All national senior events.
- All provincial senior opens
- The North West Senior Open (participation in this event will be beneficial to the player and will be major consideration)
- Approved club opens in the North West Province appearing on the fixture list.
Only the best two scores at a specific club in the North West played during a Clubs Open tournaments, (excluding Provincial tournaments) will be taken into consideration.
B. Match play results from previous Inter Provincial Tournaments and Senior Scratch League.
C. Other relevant factors at the discretion of the Selection Committee such as code of conduct, golf etiquette and behavior on and off the course.
The final selection of the team rests with the Selection Committee of the North West Golf Union and they may alter the selection criteria as published at their discretion at any time.